CWI's Summer WEST Institute on Place Based Service-Learning and Sustainability
Date and Time:
Monday, July 27, 2020, 8:30am to Friday, July 31, 2020, 4:30pm
NAAEE Members, Join us at The Institute in 2020
Special supported early bird registration is available for NAAEE members to attend CWI's 2020 Summer WEST Institute on Place Based Service-Learning and Sustainability. CWI's Institute is a unique opportunity for deep learning, collaboration, and networking in a design lab atmosphere, with like minded K-16 and community based educators from across the U.S. Develop high impact curriculum and programs that engage students, using the community as the classroom. The Institute provides a unique opportunity to understand why Place Based Service-Learning works, how it works, and how to use it most effectively with students. learn more
"This was the best Institute or conference that I have ever attended! I am newly inspired! I will start the school year with many ideas that I am excited to share and try.”
Terry Yamamoto-Edwards, Science Teacher Punahou School, Honolulu, Hawaii
CWI's Summer WEST Institute takes place at Otis College of Art and Design, in Los Angeles, CA, July 27-31, 2020.
Participants will become skilled at:
• Using powerful strategies for using the community as the classroom.
• Designing student learning around personal passion and interest.
• Connecting social-emotional learning goals as outcomes for learning projects.
• Infusing project-based learning with a compelling civic and public purpose.
• Focusing on students as active contributors to sustainable communities.
• Integrating student voice and agency, reciprocity, and reflection.
• Using ethnography to explore human connection, inclusion, and social justice.
• Employing strategies for program growth, team building, and institutional buy-in.
• Inspiring and advancing a collective vision and practice as a leader.
How to Register: