Indigenous Learning Opportunity
This Every Child Matters - 4 Seasons of Reconciliation learning opportunity seeks to better acknowledge that Indigenous Knowledge and Perspectives are foundational to outdoor learning, and that non-Indigenous educators need to undertake further steps towards Truth and Reconciliation in order to engage appropriately and authentically, and build respectful and reciprocal relationships.
It also acknowledges that a key step that non-Indigenous educators can take in engaging with Indigenous Learning is by taking their learning outside and learning from the local land.
It is offered in partnership with a number of organizations including Reconciliation Education, First Nations University of Canada, Orange Shirt Society, Moose Hide Campaign and MANY of our Outdoor Learning Partners: https://outdoorlearningstore.com/about/partners
- 10 Reconciliation Education Learning Modules (~1 Hour of Learning / Month)
- A Certificate of Completion issued by the First Nations University of Canada
- 5 Opportunities to Gather Virtually with Indigenous Leaders, Elders and Educators
- $25 towards excellent Indigenous Learning Resources
- Access to a Learning Community from across Turtle Island (North America)
This learning opportunity is open to EVERYONE. While the content is mostly in the context of Canada, this learning can be made relevant across Turtle Island (North America), and beyond.