New course participants are accepted until Friday night, October 27th.
Cornell University 4-week global online course
- October 23–November 19, 2023
- For school teachers, educators, university students, education leaders, and volunteers
- 25 professional development hours
- Learn from Cornell University and from other participants
- Several speakers are recipients of the Pratt & Whitney E-STEM Awards 2023
- Receive a Cornell University certificate
E-STEM Education is designed for teachers, educators, volunteers, and leaders in our field who want to help youth become scientifically literate, environmental citizens. You will learn how to integrate environmental and sustainability education into STEM in formal and nonformal settings. You will also learn more about inquiry-based learning, project-based learning, and other active learning pedagogies, and apply what your knowledge to develop your own E-STEM lesson plan or activity plan.
We are excited to include several webinars and meetings. In addition to E-STEM Award recipients, webinar speakers will include several other experts in our field, including Manuela Zamora, Executive Director of NY Sun Works, whose case study was recently published on YouTube.
- Understand the connection between environmental education and science education.
- Learn about different outcomes of E-STEM education.
- Explore different learning approaches including problem-based, inquiry-based, project-based, and place-based learning.
- Develop an E-STEM lesson plan for their classes, families or communities.
- Participate actively in a global online community of E-STEM educators.
Cornell University Certificate
Participants who complete the course—including the weekly assignments and the final project – are awarded a Cornell University certificate (PDF).
An experienced and dynamic team from Cornell University Civic Ecology Lab: Alex Kudryavtsev (Research Associate), Fish Yu (Graduate Student), Marianne Krasny (Professor). Our TAs include Renda Sun, and a few more TAs are joining soon. Kim Snyder will administer this course and respond to your emails. We look forward to sharing, learning, and advancing E-STEM education with you!
Cost: $70. Value for the price is excellent. Our courses depend on your contribution, which is paid by most participants. You can pay a higher fee ($100) to sponsor another student, or a lower or no fee if you cannot pay or live in a country without international payment systems (e.g., Afghanistan, Iran).
Questions? If you still have questions, feel free to ask Kim Snyder, our course administrator, any questions about this course. When you contact us, please type "ESTEM" in the subject line of your email. CivicEcology@cornell.edu