The Roadtrip Nation Experience: Conservation and Sustainability
Introducing The Roadtrip Nation Experience: Conservation and Sustainability
For nearly two decades, Roadtrip Nation has been creating helpful digital tools, video content, and project-based learning courses that use storytelling to transform the way people think about careers. This year, as learning environments rapidly evolve, we recognize the need to engage learners in flexible new ways—and encourage people everywhere to keep looking forward to their futures.
That’s why we created the Roadtrip Nation Experience: Conservation and Sustainability, a five-lesson project-based career exploration course designed to work in any learning situation, highlighting environmentally focused careers.
All of the course materials are provided digitally, and the lessons are designed to work in digital, face-to-face, or hybrid learning environments!
Thanks to the Cisco Foundation, we’re thrilled to have the opportunity to distribute the Roadtrip Nation Experience: Conservation and Sustainability to facilitators and learners across the country—at no cost!
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE ROADTRIP NATION EXPERIENCE?
- Five blended learning lessons—approximately one hour each—aligned to core standards
- Extra tools and resources, including Google’s Applied Digital Skills lessons
- An implementation guide to help you facilitate this course in your learning environment
- Guidance on how to make sure your learners get the most out of their Interview Project
- Support from the Roadtrip Nation Education team
THROUGH FIVE DIGITAL LESSONS, LEARNERS USING THE ROADTRIP NATION EXPERIENCE WILL:
- Get invested in, and excited about their futures in environmentally sound careers
- See a vast range of exciting career pathways aligned to their unique skills and interests
- Complete a potentially life-changing Interview Project—a self-led informational interview with a professional (and potential mentor!) working in a career they’re interested in
- Most importantly, improve their digital literacy and build social emotional skills—like resilience— that will help power them through this uncertain time
FOR FREE ACCESS TO THE ROADTRIP NATION EXPERIENCE, HERE’S ALL YOU NEED TO DO:
- Be able to dedicate at least 7-10 hours to the course
- Commit to completing the course by September 2021
- Implement the course with learners aged 13 and older
- Participate in a pre- and post-course survey