Elementary Composting with Worms - Online!
The Portland Metro Regional Government Community Service and Education team has adapted our K-3rd grade Composting with Worms classroom presentation into four fast-paced videos.
After watching these videos, students will be able to:
- Describe how composting helps reduce the amount of items going to the landfill
- Name the four elements living organisms need to survive
- Identify who else lives in the worm bin
- Make observations about worm anatomy
- Identify what can and cannot go into a home worm bin
We also provide a lesson plan with recommended post-activities for each video and connections to learning standards.