Women and Minorities in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Fields (WAMS) Program
Potential applicants should review the full solicitation and eligibility criteria at https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=323150
Summary: The purpose of the WAMS program is to support research, education/teaching, and extension projects that increase participation by women and underrepresented minorities from rural areas in STEM. NIFA intends this program to address educational needs within broadly defined areas of food, agriculture, natural resources, and human sciences for a target audience of K-14 students.
A proposed project must address one or more of the following Educational Need Areas:
- Curriculum Design, Materials Development, and Library Resources
- Faculty Preparation and Enhancement of Teaching
- Instruction Delivery Systems
- Scientific Instrumentation for Teaching and Research
- Student Experiential Learning
- Student Recruitment, Retention, and Educational Equity
Budget: up to $100,000 for a period of 24-36 months.
Cost Share: required 1:1 match if the grant provides a particular benefit to a specific agricultural commodity and may be waived if the results are applicable to agricultural commodities generally.