Climate Literacy: The Essential Principles of Climate Science
NOAA, as part of the U.S. Global Change Research Program (USGCRP), is requesting your suggestions to update the national climate literacy guide used by educators, policymakers, and scientists for more than a decade. The current climate literacy guide, “Climate Literacy: The Essential Principles of Climate Science,” was released in 2009. Eighteen federal agencies and departments, in partnership with many science and education organizations, produced it. Available in English and Spanish, the guide informs education standards adopted or adapted by many states. We are seeking feedback on:
- How should the updated document be structured?
- What topics should be included?
- How should topics be weighted and ordered in the document?
- Are there pieces that are missing from the 2009 guide?
- Are there pieces of the 2009 Guide that aren’t relevant anymore?
- What audiences do you think should use the guide?
- How do you see yourself or your community using this guide?