Stakeholder Engagement for Wildlife Conservation
In this online training course, you will learn skills to help you select and engage with the right stakeholders for any conservation project. The course covers how to select the stakeholders that are right for your project, initiate the relationship to build trust and understanding, formalise the relationship to set expectations, and manage the relationship to progress the project and adapt to changing conditions.
Why do this course?
- Career starters: Improve your chances of getting your dream conservation job by getting a qualification in a required skill for many conservation positions.
- Practitioners: Learn effective and ethical stakeholder engagement processes that will help you to strengthen your conservation strategy, access resources such as funds and skilled staff, and acquire consent for, and/or active participation in the conservation work.
What will I learn?
This training course has been developed with input from experienced practitioners to help conservationists engage effectively with the right stakeholders for any type of conservation project.
You will learn how to:
- Apply key principles to ensure you engage with stakeholders effectively and ethically
- Select stakeholders that are right for your project
- Initiate the relationship to build trust and understanding
- Formalise the relationship to set expectations
- Manage the relationship to progress the project and adapt to changing conditions.
What will my learning experience be like?
In this online training course, we do our best to recreate the best of the interactive classroom environment, while offering you the flexibility to learn when and where you want. You will be supported throughout by our expert trainers via Zoom and WildHub.
The course is run over 5 weeks, with an average of 3.5 hours of learning per week. The training combines weekly live teaching sessions and pre-recorded training videos to work from in your own time.
Where can I find out more?
The next online training course in Stakeholder Engagement for Wildlife Conservation begins on 16th April 2024. To find out more and sign up, click here.
Who is providing this training?
WildTeam UK is a not-for-profit charity that designs and delivers training in key skills that help conservationists increase their impact. To date, we have trained over 2,000 conservationists from 118 countries.
What people say about our training
“Highly interactive and engaging.” Jenny Cantlay. Doctoral researcher, Royal Holloway University of London.
“I genuinely LOVED the format of the online training sessions. It felt like being part of a classroom again!" Reetika Maheshwary. Wildlife Protection Society of India (WPSI).
“Field projects lead by Bristol Zoological Society aim to increase their conservation impact and thanks to WildTeam's great training, we will achieve that!” Daphne Kerhoas. Bristol Zoological Society.
“The mix of personal study and online group sessions made the courses very flexible, productive and enjoyable. Would thoroughly recommend!" Rachel Cripps. Lancashire Wildlife Trust.
“Thanks WildTeam for a very good and insightful training, as well as all the additional networking and learning opportunities your community provides.” Ana Di Pangracio. Fundación Ambiente y Recursos Naturales (FARN)