The NPS Community Assistance in Conservation and Outdoor Recreation Grant
Monday, March 1, 2021, 6:00pm
Apply for a grant from the National Park Service!
Project applicants may be state and local agencies, tribes, nonprofit organizations, or citizen groups. National Parks and other Federal agencies may apply in partnership with other local organizations.
Projects typically fall within the following focus areas, although other projects will be considered:
- Build healthy communities through parks, trails, and outdoor opportunities: Improve access to outdoor recreation and park amenties on land and water that support healthy lifestyles for all users
- Conserve natural lands, rivers, and watersheds: Strengthen the conservation and stewardship of public lands, waterways, and wildlife habitat
- Engage youth in outdoor recreation and stewardship: Connect young people to the outdoors to develop a lifelong appreciation of recreation and nature
- Strengthen the organizational capacity of project partners: Develop and strengthen efective and sustainable community organizations and partner groups
- Support National Park Service and community networks: Facilitate strategic planning and collaboration between national parks and communities to achieve shared goals
Application deadline is March 1, 2021.