Delaware River Watershed Region Professionals of Color
Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 11:59pm
Are you a professional of color working in the environmental or conservation space in the Delaware River Watershed region?
The Institute for Conservation Leadership (ICL) is excited to invite you to apply for a one-year cohort with opportunities for career development, network building, and skills development to enhance and advance your professional pursuits.
There is no cost to apply or participate and the application deadline is Wednesday, October 19th.
What does this program entail? The cohort will be capped at 15 individuals who meet monthly (mostly virtually) with the intention to:
- Develop strong network ties with other professionals within the Delaware River Watershed. This will allow for stronger collaboration in current work, as well as establishing relationships for future academic and professional steps.
- Utilize workshops and discussions to allow participants to explore their own professional strengths, learn how to create a strong impact in their current work, and set goals for future pursuits with the lens of the challenges that BIPOC staff encounter.
- Build participants’ peer leadership and facilitation skills, as they explore shared professional issues that impact professionals of color in the environmental space.
Who can apply? Individuals who….
- Work in an environmental or conservation organization in the Delaware River Watershed
- Preference given to individuals at DRWI and William Penn Foundation Watershed Protection Program grantee organizations
- Identify as a BIPOC individual (Black, Indigenous, or Person of Color)
- Commit to participate in the entire program, attending the majority of sessions
- 90 minute sessions monthly from October 2022-September 2023
- Attend two in-person sessions (November 2022 and September 2023)
How to apply? A google form that should take 10-15 minutes to complete. All program information, including the application, can be found on the website listed.