Call for Proposals- 2020 Virginia EE Conference- EE for EverybodEE
The 2020 Virginia Association for Envrionmental Education Conference- EE for EverybodEE will be held February 26-28 at Sweet Briar College in Amherst VA.
This year’s conference is a celebration of and call of action for efforts to make environmental education in Virginia more equitable and inclusive for all audiences.
We are accepting proposals until September 27 and are seeking proposals that will suit the following 5 strands:
- - Early Childhood EE
- - Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for EE
- - Action Projects and Citizen Science
- - Teaching EE Outside
- - EE Best Practices
We are offering the following opportunities to present:
- - 50 minute sessions
- - Half-day Workshops (3 hours)
- - Full- day Workshops (6 hours)
- - Make and Take Workshop: For this session you will lead the participants in making a product to take with them such as a Bee House or Habitat Cage. Extra fees will be charged on the registration to cover costs. Please indicate suggested costs in your proposal. (3 hour session)
- - Interactive Activity Showcase: Do you have a fun and engaging EE activity you'd like to share with others? You will lead other participants in the activity and give them a copy of the activity with directions.(3 hour session - each person will have varying time to present their activity.)
You will be notified as to whether your proposal has been accepted or not by Oct. 31, 2019.
If you have further questions, please contact Sarah McGuire at email@example.com, Page Hutchinson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Bruce Young at email@example.com. Thank you for your interested in supporting VAEE and environmental education.