Applying Behavior Change for Climate Action Workshop Series
Behavior Change for Climate Action Workshop offered by the Center for Behavior and Climate
Three 1-hour workshops! Tuesdays, March 5, 12, 19, 2024 at 6 PM Eastern Time
Let us help you make more of an impact in your climate outreach to accelerate climate action. The Center for Behavior and Climate is offering our first online workshop series on Behavior Change for Climate Action, starting March 5, 2024, 6–7 pm EST.
This practical and entertaining live virtual workshop —the first of its kind for climate change — teaches evidence-based behavior change techniques to accelerate collective and individual climate action. The workshop gives you an understanding of the barriers to climate action; the latest theories underlying collective and individual action; behavioral tools; the process for applying behavior change; how to match the behavior tool to the audience; and outreach and communication tips, including framing for different audiences. Practice opportunities and small-group breakouts are part of every session.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Any climate/sustainability professionals and students who want to increase pro-environmental behaviors to drive climate action.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- practical skills and resources to increase the success of your climate campaigns and projects;
- proven behavioral science tools (such as prompts, social norms, etc.);
- evidence-based theories of collective and individual action, and what motivates people to care about the environment and to act.
- Understanding the key barriers affecting pro-climate behavior and preventing action
- Understanding and applying behavioral tools to the barriers
- Applying behavioral tools to specific audiences and situations
Starts Tuesday, March 5, 2024. Three 1-hour workshops Tuesdays, March 5, 12, 19, 6 PM Eastern Standard Time.
Registration Deadline: Feb. 15, 2024
Cost: $199 for the three sessions combined.
Don't wait—registration is limited to the first 25 people!