Samsung Solve for Tomorrow STEM Contest
Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 11:59pm
The Samsung Solve for Tomorrow nationwide STEM competition challenges U.S. public school students in grades 6–12 to showcase how STEM can be applied to help improve their local communities. Teachers are invited to apply now at www.Samsung.com/Solve for a chance to win a share of $2 million in technology and supplies for their classrooms. Deadline has been extended to November 29.
Samsung announced the launch of its 13th annual $2 million¹ Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Contest, which challenges U.S. students grades 6–12 to use STEM to create innovative, sustainable solutions that transform local communities. Now through November 29, 2022, public school teachers across the U.S. can apply for this year’s program² and submit an application that empowers students to inspire real-world change and address some of society’s most critical issues using problem-based learning.
Under the company’s mission ‘Together for Tomorrow! Enabling People,’ Samsung is committed to empowering the next generation to achieve their full potential and pioneer positive social change. To emphasize the commitment to sustainability, this year’s contest will evaluate projects based on short- and long-term environmental impact and will increase the value of its Sustainability Innovation Award to $50,000.
Solve for Tomorrow will award $2 million¹ in technology and supplies to classrooms in every state including Washington, D.C. as they advance throughout the phases of the contest, all redeemable through DonorsChoose.org. As part of the mission of sustainability, Samsung will encourage schools to select Samsung Energy Star products as part of their packages. Once lesson plans are submitted by the November deadline, schools will have the opportunity to move ahead to the following phases:
- 300 State Finalists from the pool of applicants will receive a $2,500 prize package
- 50 State Winners will receive a Samsung Video Kit to assist in video development, as well as $12,000 in Samsung technology and supplies for classroom use
- One of the 50 State Winner schools will be chosen as the Sustainability Innovation Award Winner to win an additional $50,000 prize package of environmental classroom technology.
- From there, 10 National Finalist Schools will be selected to participate in the pitch event where they will present their project to a panel of judges. For achieving National Finalist status, seven of these schools will be awarded $50,000 in technology and supplies while the remaining three will be named National Grand Prize Winners.
- 3 National Grand Prize Winner schools will each receive $100,000 in classroom technology and supplies
- Of the top ten schools, 1 Community Choice Winner will also be determined through online public voting and will be eligible to win an additional $10,000 in Samsung technology, and 1 Employee Choice Winner will be selected by Samsung employees to also receive $10,000 of technology in addition to their national winnings