Communications for Conservation Projects
Date and Time:
Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 12:00am
Friday, August 12, 2022, 12:00am
"Saving the planet is now a communications challenge" - Sir David Attenborough | Sept 2020.
Within conservation there is a growing realisation that we need to do much more to share our messages and encourage more support and action. As a result, conservation employers are rapidly looking for people with communications skills.
They want staff who can plan communications activities, write effectively, get press and media attention, engage audiences on social media, deliver campaigns, write blogs, produce podcasts and more.
At Conservation Careers, we analyzed 29,767 conservation jobs, from over 100 countries, and 41% explicitly wanted people with communications skills or experience. Of these, 2,726 were communications specialist roles like Communications Officers. Marketing Managers or Social Media Officers.
If you want to succeed as a professional conservationist you need communications skills!
Introducing Communications for Conservation Projects
Communications for Conservation Projects follows a detailed analysis of what employers are looking for when hiring early-career conservationists. During the program you’ll learn, how to:
- Produce a communications plan for conservation projects.
- Write engaging copy about conservation projects.
- Get press and media coverage for conservation projects.
- Build and engage audiences on social media for conservation projects.
- Create content to support conservation campaigns.
- Measure the success of your communications activities.
Three Elements for Communications Success
- Training | Communications for Conservation Projects. Learn to plan and deliver effective communications activities.
- Support Community | CC Pro. Join our private CC Pro community for support, events, networking & more.
- Jobs | The Conservation Careers Job Board. Enjoy full access to the world’s biggest conservation job, training, internship and volunteer board.
How to Register:
The regular cost for the course is $395, but we're offering a special 33% discount for our fourth intake. That's just $265 if you sign up by Friday 12th August at 11:59 PM (UK time).
Dr Nick Askew