Urban Ecology Center Institute March 2022 online Intensive
Date and Time:
Thursday, March 3, 2022, 12:00pm to Thursday, March 31, 2022, 12:00pm
Monday, February 28, 2022, 6:00pm
Join us to hear, first hand, how the Urban Ecology Center in Milwaukee began in a degraded park, with the ambition of a few teachers to show kids from nearby schools how to discover nature in their neighborhood. See how this ambition grew into the vibrant organization we have today, connecting tens of thousands of students each year to nature. Please share this invitation with others in your network, the creative problem solvers, community leaders, program directors, and educators.
FREE preview session, followed by a 5-session series for registered participants of the Intensive. What makes the Urban Ecology Center distinctive in transforming kids, parks, cities, and the world? Participants will receive a copy of Urban Ecology, written by Ken Leinbach.
Outcomes of this Intensive
- Thorough understanding of the Urban Ecology Center model
- Tools to help you reflect meaningfully on how the model can benefit your city/project
- Expanded network and ongoing support from other community leaders
What you will experience
- Interactive sessions with small-group breakouts
- Focus on real-world topics
- Explore place-based environmental community engagement, volunteerism, social justice, and more
How to Register:
You will also get more information about the “Intensive” series, starting March 3, 2022. This training is fun, interactive, inspiring, and packed with program details and strategies you can use in your community.