Transforming Schools with PLT GreenSchools Webinar Series
New Webinar Series: Transforming Schools with PLT GreenSchools (Thursday, Jan. 17th 3 - 4 pm EST)
Project Learning Tree’s GreenSchools program inspires students to apply their STEM and investigative skills to create greener and healthier schools. Our new series of free webinars will provide teachers, administrators, students, and other Green Team members with valuable information and ideas on how to implement PLT’s GreenSchools Investigations.
Importantly with PLT GreenSchools, it’s students who lead the way and these webinars will showcase how students are making changes and taking ownership of projects they lead to reduce their school’s environmental footprint.
The first webinar in the series—Improving the Air You Breathe at Your School—will take place on Thursday, January 17th, from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EST.
Click link below to register.
By registering you will also have access to the recorded webinar, so you can watch it on demand.
In this free webinar:
- We’ll introduce you to the Air Quality Egg learning system that enables students to easily conduct scientific experiments using real-time air quality data that they collect.
- Student and teacher teams from Upper Merion Middle School (an urban school near Philadelphia, PA) and Moravia High School (a rural school in upstate NY) will share how they have tracked and analyzed air quality data.
- A Horticulture Technician from Cornell University, Environmental, Health, and Safety Department will share how they use the Air Quality Egg system to examine the effects of carbon dioxide levels on the growth rate of plants.
You’ll have a chance to win an Air Quality Egg learning package worth $2,800 which includes an Air Quality Egg device, a one-year subscription, educator training and tech support.
Air Quality Egg Raffle
Here are the criteria to be eligible for entering our raffle to win an Air Quality Egg learning package worth $2,800:
- Register for the Improving the Air You Breathe at Your School webinar.
- Attend the webinar on January 17th, from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EST, or watch the recording.
- Register your school or organization into the PLT GreenSchools program. https://www.plt.org/custom-login/?target_page=green_school_register
- Send an email by Monday, January 28th to James McGirt at email@example.com with “Air Quality Egg Raffle” as the subject line with the following information. a) Provide two student-led school or organizational project-based examples of how you would utilize the Air Quality Egg learning system and PLT’s Environmental Quality Investigation to improve the air quality in and/or around your school. Limit: 200 words b) Describe how your school or organization would use the Air Quality Egg learning system to engage a maximum number of students in the your projects described above. Limit: 100 word
- If selected, your school or organization agrees to future PLT/Egg Air Quality system project publicity and periodic monitoring of enhanced air quality and student learning.
Improve Air Quality at Your School
Help your students become citizen scientists by sharing air quality data with others from around the world as part of a global science project! Register now for our Jan. 17 webinar to learn how.
By James Riley McGirt, PLT GreenSchools Manager & NAAEE eePro K-12 Co-Moderator