Global Schools Action Day
Launching this autumn, Running Out of Time will be an extraordinary 7,767km non-stop relay traveling across 18 countries from Glasgow to Sharm el-Sheikh - where we will deliver a message on climate action to world leaders at the COP 27 Climate conference.
Gathering momentum every step of the way, the relay celebrations will culminate in a Global Schools Action Day on November 3rd, when thousands of schools will join together in a celebration of the incredible work that is taking place to combat climate change across the world.
Aligning physical movement with climate action and education, this is a great opportunity to get students moving and thinking about what climate action means to them.
We want our Global Schools Action Day to send a message to the decision-makers at COP 27. To show them that young people are ready for climate action and ask that governments provide the quality education and training needed for students to thrive in a changing world.
Register your school to:
1. Show support for our message from anywhere in the world.
- We’ll send you resources to help students discuss, vote on, and support the message we take to COP27
2. Join our Global Schools Action Day
- You’ll receive a toolkit to help you plan a day of climate action at your school, as well as links so that you can show us (and COP27) your students’ amazing ideas.
3. Engage students in the classroom
- We’ll send you a whole host of lesson plans, classroom activities, and inspirational videos for you to adapt and use.
It is completely FREE to receive all our resources and take part in any activities you and your students choose.
If you need more information or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our school’s coordinator Lauren (she’s very friendly). The email you need is: email@example.com
Register your school’s interest on our website. There’s no obligation to take part if you do register, but it does mean that we will continue to send you updates about the relay!