Be part of something special! The Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP) has current opportunities to join our Environmental Education Center (EEC) team as a Field Instructor. Working collaboratively as part of the EEC’s highly motivated team, Field Instructors will find the experience meaningful, rewarding and memorable. The Conservancy for CVNP is a non-profit organization with the mission of enriching lives and our community by inspiring use, appreciation and support of CVNP.
This is an intense, but highly rewarding experience; expect to work up to 40 hours per week, with some weeks of overtime, and weekend work will be required. The fellowship term begins as soon as the position is filled and concludes November 23, 2019. Fellows are not responsible for students after the conclusion of evening programs, and supervisory responsibility is always shared with teachers from participating schools.
Essential duties include:
• Develop and format curriculum lesson plans tied to Citizen Science 2.0 (CS2.0) initiative.
• Develop educational digital media related to CS2.0 curriculum.
• Assist in the planning and preparation of teacher professional development related to CS2.0.
• Attend weekly staff meetings as scheduled.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Employee must be able to satisfactorily perform the essential duties/functions