Hawks Aloft, Inc. seeks a unique individual to join our avian conservation team! This person is multi-faceted and interested in participating in all aspects of Hawks Aloft, including conducting education and outreach programs with live birds, avian research, raptor care and rescue, and administrative activities.
Hawks Aloft, Inc. is a non-profit, based in Albuquerque that works to conserve indigenous wild birds and their habitats through avian research, conservation education, and raptor rescue. We seek an individual to join our conservation education team as our Education and Outreach Coordinator. Ideal candidate is multi-faceted and interested in participating in all aspects of Hawks Aloft. This is a full-time permanent position that includes benefits and competitive salary.
• Conduct conservation education programs at K-12 schools across New Mexico (mostly in the Albuquerque metro area)
• Ongoig development of new curriculum with a focus on live birds of prey and relevant ecological concepts
• Manage and staff public outreach booths as needed, usually about twice monthly
• Recruit, coordinate, and maintain positive relationships with volunteers
• Assist in the care of our 30 non-releasable raptors