Outdoor Learning in the Early Years
Date and Time:
Thursday, October 14, 2021, 7:00pm
Play is the best way children learn in the early years and the best place for play is outdoors! Following the lead of the children and supporting them with the time, space, materials and permission is our role as adults. What does that really look like? We will explore this together and you will come away with practical ideas and resources to support outdoor play in the early years.
Christina Pickles has been connecting people of all ages with the natural world for 20 years in the badlands, forests, streams and streets. For the past 7 years she has focused on outdoor play in the early years and now believes that it is the best way children connect with nature, their communities, their bodies and each other.
How to Register:
Register here: https://outdoorlearningstore.ca/workshops/
- Registration is free and there will be plenty of draw prizes for attendees!
- Workshops are 60 minutes and will take place on Thursdays at 4pm Pacific / 7pm Eastern.
- For those who can’t attend live these will each be recorded and posted the day following.
- Following the workshop, participants will receive a link through which they can access a certificate of attendance.
- If you can’t attend the live workshop you can still request a certificate after you watch the recording.