This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
REGI is a non-profit organization dedicated to the care and rehabilitation of injured and orphaned native bird species and public education on wildlife and conservation issues. REGI conducts over 200 education programs with live birds of prey to more than 10,000 people annually. REGI is seeking an energetic and dynamic person for a position as Wildlife Educator, who should have excellent communication skills, previous teaching experience, interact well with children as well as adults.
This position is the core of the education department. The Wildlife Educator will be responsible for program coordination, invoicing, and presentations to youth and adults in a variety of situations; newsletter formatting; handling and training of educational raptors; and assistance in upkeep of educational raptors.
This is a full-time, permanent educator position located at our facility in Antigo, WI. Hours are typically 8am-4pm Monday through Friday, but will include occasional evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, environmental education, wildlife, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated skill in developing, implementing, managing, and teaching educational programs
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop
- Good communication skills
- Must be flexible and self-driven
- Grant writing experience or training a plus
How to Apply:
Please submit application materials to:
Marge Gibson, Executive Director
Subject: Wildlife Educator Position
COVER LETTER, RESUME, & CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THREE (3) PROFESSIONAL WORK REFERENCES, including at least one person who has been your immediate supervisor. For each reference, please indicate the nature of your professional relationship and include the person’s title, e-mail address and telephone number.
APPLICATION DUE DATE:
Position open until filled.