Wilderness Field Instructor
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Wilderness Field Instructors manage the safety of the students while co-facilitating multi-day adventure education programming in the field. Instructors manage risks and assure effective courses, while serving as an educator and role model. Must be able to teach and facilitate NCOAE’s curriculum to teens and adults, complete documentation accurately and in a timely fashion and participate in pre-trip and post-trip briefs. Additional duties include facilitating a meaningful group experience and setting an emotionally and physically safe, fun and engaging tone for students to follow.
• 3+ years of experience working with wilderness programs, outdoor education, or residential summer camps
• Current Wilderness First Responder certification, or willingness to obtain
• Competency in risk management skills
• Prior to hiring: Satisfactory completion of an NCOAE on-campus instructor training or NCOAE Outdoor Educator Training
• 5+ years experience leading domestic and/or international outdoor education programs
• Current WFR or WEMT certification
• Leave No Trace Trainer
• Associate’s, Bachelors’s, or Master’s degree in adventure education, outdoor education, recreation, wilderness leadership or related degree
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may apply by submitting a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com