Wastewater Engagement Program Manager
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 7:00pm
Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) is recruiting for a motivated, creative, data-driven, and equity minded Wastewater Engagement Program Manager. This person will lead community engagement work that encourages behavior changes around wastewater issues that help keep Seattle's water clean and protect SPU's infrastructure. This position works with a team of community engagement professionals and leads on wastewater outreach and engagement campaigns including What to Flush (only toilet paper!); preventing fats, oils, and grease from going down drains; and the launch of SPU's new side sewer assistance program.
- Building and implementing wastewater behavior change campaigns using community based social marketing or similar models
- Using data to shape outreach and engagement campaigns
- Identifying audiences and shaping campaigns to audience
- Developing and testing messages that resonate with intended audience
- Working with an equity lens in program design and messaging
- Translating and transcreating materials for non-English speaking audiences
- Developing communications plans
- Evaluating and improving ongoing campaigns
- Working with community organizations to implement strategies
- Communicating program successes and challenges with stakeholders
- Developing and managing contracts to assist with campaign implementation.
Experience: Three (3) years of experience in planning and research related to land use, urban economics, human services, environmental issues, conservation; or other work directly related to City planning and development activities.
Education: Bachelor's degree in planning, urban design, environmental studies, public administration, or related field OR two (2) additional years of related experience.
License: Washington driver license to travel to community meetings and events.
The ideal candidate should possess some or most of the following:
- Strong experience designing and implementing behavior change campaigns
- Community outreach and engagement experience
- Strong understanding of municipal wastewater systems and customer-related issues
- Experience with race and social justice issues
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to convey complex technical information in engaging and easy to understand ways
- Strong written, visual, and oral communication skills
- Understanding of community based social marketing model
- Program evaluation experience
- Strong contract management skills
- Familiarity with Seattle community or demonstrated history of building effective relationships with communities
- Translation and transcreation experience.
How to Apply:
Visit the City of Seattle employment page for more information and how to apply.