The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, September 16, 2022, 9:00pm
Wild Rivers Conservancy of the St. Croix & Namekagon is recruiting a Volunteer Coordinator who will create and implement a joint volunteer program in collaboration with the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway (Riverway), our national park. Wild Rivers Conservancy is the official nonprofit partner of the Riverway. The Conservancy’s mission is to inspire stewardship to forever ensure the rare ecological integrity of the St. Croix and Namekagon Riverway.
Volunteers play a critical role in achieving the mission of the Conservancy and the Riverway. They help to ensure visitors and residents can experience and enjoy the vibrant and healthy ecosystem of the Riverway. Volunteers provide support for land restoration and park maintenance, education programs, outdoor recreation, park maintenance, citizen science monitoring, and more. The Volunteer Coordinator is instrumental in coordinating and networking with volunteers and staff for a successful volunteer program. A candidate who takes initiative, loves to solve problems, and is personable, discerning, responsive, systems and detail-oriented will do well in this collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Develop and implement a robust, joint volunteer program in collaboration with NPS staff at the Riverway
- Create and manage a volunteer database including volunteer service agreements, service hours, required training, and recognition
- Establish an annual evaluation and workplan for the joint volunteer program
- Process volunteer applications and coordinate their onboarding process, adhering to policies set by both entities
- Develop and lead on-going volunteer training opportunities, including those for seasonal interns
- Facilitate group volunteer activities for community groups, businesses, and youth groups, in coordination with NPS staff
- Coordinate all aspects of volunteer events, like Earth Day and National Public Lands Day, including site and program logistics, volunteer projects, and event-day volunteers
- Develop and maintain volunteer training manuals and the volunteer handbook; update as necessary
- Maintain open communication with volunteers through emails, mailings, trainings, listening sessions, and meetings
- Highly organized and able to self-manage time and assignments while managing multiple tasks and deadlines; team-oriented with the ability to work inclusively
- Experience creating systems, managing people, and working with volunteers
- Able to deal effectively and personably with diverse backgrounds, community leaders, and volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and coordinate volunteer related tasks
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Efficiency with MS Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Google Workspace, and some knowledge of database and project management software
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, and able to work independently and efficiently with a minimum of supervision
- Must have a car and valid driver’s license; willing to work outdoors as part of planning and coordinating volunteer events
- Must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends
The Wild Rivers Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Wendy Tremblay, Community Engagement Manager at email@example.com.
Applications are due by Friday, September 16 or until the position is filled.
The Volunteer Coordinator is a full-time, salaried position with full benefits, with a salary range of $45K to $55K. The office is based in the picturesque river town of Osceola, Wisconsin. This position will have flexible hours and will require some travel for events and activities throughout the St. Croix watershed.