University of Connecticut's Office of Sustainability Communications, Outreach, and Education Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 12:00am
See the full advertisement at
The Office of Sustainability within the Institute of the Environment is seeking a full-time Communications, Outreach, & Education Coordinator. The ideal candidate will have expertise in environmental education and community engagement, as well as experience developing digital and print materials to communicate office initiatives and accomplishments to intramural and extramural audiences.
The successful applicant will develop and lead in-person and virtual outreach and engagement events as well as other initiatives for the Office of Sustainability and be responsible for enhanced visibility of the Office of Sustainability as well as the management of its social media, digital, and print communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new and lead existing educational, outreach, and engagement programming, including support for regional campuses.
- Assist with the evaluation of programs and activities to achieve the objectives of the Office of Sustainability.
- Prepare presentations for meetings with key stakeholder groups, and represent the Office of Sustainability at University events, including speaking to student groups
- Manage the sustainability.uconn.edu webpage, digital sustainability monitors/dashboards, and social media accounts.
- Monitor media performance, provide updates/and or analysis, and suggest improvements.
- Draft sustainability-related publications such as newsletters, blogs, progress reports, and strategic plans.
- Assist with publicity and fundraising activities including developing promotional materials for sustainability activities and programming.
- Support recruitment of interns and participants in the EcoCaptain program that enhances performance with regard to diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Coordinate volunteer events (including occasional activities during evenings and weekends).
- Supervise interns and volunteers at outreach events.
- Provide administrative support for event planning and coordination.
- Bachelor’s degree and four years of related experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience in environmental sustainability, environmental education, communication, or related fields.
- Proven experience developing environmental or sustainability-related outreach communications campaigns.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and operational understanding of the intersection of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) with sustainability.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills; including proven experience working effectively and independently with diverse teams.
- Proven experience coordinating and planning programming and events.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite and experience using graphic design tools such as Adobe Illustrator and Canvas or similar.
- Experience managing social media and webpage design in a professional setting.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be a leader of team activities as well as a valuable collaborator on team projects.
- Master’s degree in environmental sustainability, environmental education, communication, or a related field.
- Experience developing and executing programming specifically for students related to the environment, sustainability, or diversity, equity, and inclusion.
This is a full-time position and includes an excellent benefits package including medical and retirement, as well as employee and tuition waivers at the University of Connecticut. The target salary will be commensurate with experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495800 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on November 30, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Nov 10 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Nov 30 2021 Eastern Standard Time