The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, May 30, 2022, 12:00pm
Osprey Wilds Environmental Learning Center is a private, 501(c)(3) non-profit residential learning center near Sandstone, MN that provides outdoor educational opportunities to diverse audiences in an intimate setting. Gain experience in current environmental education methods, as well as knowledge of Minnesota’s unique biomes and natural history through direct mentorship, and on-the-job learning. Our organization is committed to making the outdoors accessible to everyone with learner-centered, nature-focused programming that is responsive to all visitors. This commitment has not wavered through the COVID-19 pandemic thanks to our dynamic team’s creativity and the guidance of the Center for Disease Control. We hope you can join us and learn what it takes to be an outstanding environmental educator!
- Seeking a college degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience/training
- 18 years of age or older at the time of employment
- Ability to commit from June 2022 - August 2022, and live on site in communal housing
- Is COVID-19 vaccinated or is willing to become vaccinated
- Interest or experience in working with learners of all ages; particularly elementary and middle school age
- Interest in outdoor activities including, but not limited to: camping, canoeing, backpacking, climbing, hiking, etc.
- Experience with, and enthusiasm for, summer youth camps and community programming
- Experience in working with or teaching members of communities that have traditionally underserved by the environmental education field.
- Interest and enthusiasm for working with our amphibian and reptile ambassadors
- Must be excited to learn and try new things, and willing to take initiative to support our programs and staff.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment, such as a canoe, hike long distances, and work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to lead and participate in our climbing wall and high ropes course (max height: 40 ft.)
- First Aid and CPR certification is a plus!
- Teach ecology, wildlife, adventure, and cultural classes to large and small groups of all ages, including evening and weekend programming
- Lead Summer Camp programming and free-time activities
- Act as overnight counselor for residential camps (1 week-long camp)
- Attend weekly staff meetings and regular training throughout the summer
- Complete any requirements as directed by your college institution
- Complete other self-directed projects, or projects/tasks as assigned
- Work outside in a beautiful setting: 780 acres with coniferous and mixed hardwood forest, creek, prairie, and wetland areas, as well as a lake with a beach adjacent to the staff house
- Access to recreation equipment for use in free time
- $280/month stipend, room & board
- Private room in on-site Staff House, and meals during the work week/when groups are present
- Two days off per week
- Opportunity to be considered for future employment in the fellowship program
How to Apply:
Internship length: June 6, 2022 - August 5, 2022. Dates are flexible. There are two positions available.
Applications will be considered upon submission
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and three references to: Ashley Bozman, Fellowship Coordinator email@example.com | (320) 245-2648 ext. 111