Summer Camp Educator Intern
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 8:00am
Website:Wenatchee River Institute
Wenatchee River Institute is hiring for a Summer Camp Educator Intern! Based in Leavenworth, WA, the Summer Camp Educator Intern position is an opportunity to learn under the supervision and guidance of experienced environmental educators. In this role, the Summer Camp Educator Intern will assist with the planning and delivery of WRI Youth Summer Camps. This position is responsible for the safety, enjoyment, and education of summer camp campers entering grades 1-6. Mid-June through mid-August.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Act as field group instructor during camps
- Develop curriculum and activities for camps
- Ensure physical and emotional health and safety of all participants
- Assist other WRI staff as needed
- Assist and support volunteers and high school interns
- Operate and maintain lab and field equipment
- Set up and clean-up activities and facilities
- Collaborate with education staff
The candidate must be self-motivated, outgoing, reliable, punctual, and able to work effectively with co-workers, kids, parents, and community members.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Experience in environmental, experiential, and/or outdoor education
- Relevant experience in teaching youth in a formal or informal capacity
- Demonstrated commitment to stewardship, conservation, and connecting youth to nature
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in teaching and community
- Ability to be flexible and adjust quickly to changing circumstances
- Ability to get to Wenatchee River Institute
- Professionalism with adults and parents
- Current First Aid & CPR certification
- Pass background check
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references to:
Applications will be accepted until position(s) are filled. First application review will be May 24, 2021.
Private room in shared house on the Wenatchee River. Walking distance to WRI. Utilities included (no internet).
Stipend of $200/week (paid twice: once in the middle of the internship and once at the end)
If the internship qualifies for academic credit through your college or university, WRI can support that process.