Summer Camp Counselor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, April 15, 2019, 5:00pm
Seasonal Summer Camp Counselor at Marineland Dolphin Adventure
Seasonal Dates: May 27, 2019 – August 2, 2019
I. Position Summary
The Seasonal Educational Specialist at Marineland will create a fun and engaging summer camp experience for our campers. This includes interacting with the campers (ages 7-17), overseeing the day to day operations of the summer camp, creating unique educational opportunities and providing information about our animals and exhibits. The Seasonal Education Specialist is responsible for ensuring guest and animal safety, while assisting with summer camp and working in various public positions at Marineland.
- Assisting with duties related to summer camp while presenting engaging experiences to Marineland guests.
- Ensure animal and guest safety is a top priority.
- Provide engaging educational experiences for our summer camp guests that support our vision and mission.
- Guide the guest experience to ensure a memorable and positive visit; this includes ensuring comfort and safety of visitors while fostering education growth.
- Set up and breakdown equipment and activities related to summer camp.
- Work to ensure guest satisfaction, notifying appropriate personnel about challenges and successes in the exhibit area.
- Be an active part of the Marineland team.
- To perform other duties as workload necessitates.
- High School Diploma required.
- Prefer College Degree in biology, psychology, education, recreation or related field.
- One year experience working with school aged children preferred.
- Must pass background check & drug screening.
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week from May 27, 2019 – August 2, 2019
- Must be able to attend all required training.
Read more about Marineland's Summer Camps here!
Position Start Date:
Monday, May 27, 2019