Summer 2022 Wilderness Fellowship
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, April 5, 2022, 5:00pm
Wild Gift is recruiting for our upcoming paid fellowship!
This spring, Wild Gift will select a group of environmental entrepreneurs for a fellowship rooted in wilderness-based programs that develop leadership and business skills while building a lifelong support network. Since its founding 20 years ago, Wild Gift has supported over 70 environmental entrepreneurs working around the world.
Upon completing the fellowship, Fellows receive $2500 to put towards their project and take the next step towards achieving their mission! This is a terrific opportunity for recent graduates, inspired entrepreneurs, or anyone with a project or vision who wants to bring more momentum, community, and connection with the outdoors into their work and lives.
If selected, your Wild Gift fellowship will include:
- 10-week virtual programming (June-August 2022). Fellows meet once per week for two hours. Sessions include a combination of business and leadership workshops designed to support venture and fellow development. There is minimal work required outside of these sessions.
- Three-week guided deep wilderness backpacking trek (August 2022; arrive in Ketchum, Idaho, August 15th).
- A virtual and/or in-person celebration with Wild Gift donors and our broader network (date and time TBD following trek).
- Lifetime membership in the vibrant Wild Gift Network that includes alumni, mentors, and supporters. All alumni are encouraged to attend the annual wilderness alumni retreat and celebration (timing TBD in Fall).
Eligible candidates should meet the following criteria:
- U.S. or Canadian citizen
- Between the ages of 21 and 35 as of September 1, 2022
- Started (or intends to start) a social or environmental venture that will lead to a better world
- Interested in and available for a wilderness-based leadership program that includes a 3-week backcountry trek
- Basic physical fitness for carrying a pack while walking outdoors on uneven and rough terrain
How to Apply:
Apply by April 5th at wildgift.org/apply.