Senior Program Manager (Based in Michigan)
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Our Goal: Create a more deeply engaged populace that understands how to address the myriad of challenges facing the environment.
We Believe that: If young people are engaged as environmental problem-solvers today, they will become lifelong environmental citizens.
We Achieve this: Through a network of over 100 partner organizations that train and support educators who use our Community Action and Problem-Solving Process in their classrooms.
Position Overview: A Senior Program Manager is an experienced educator and educator trainer who believes in community partnerships, service-learning, environmental stewardship, and student voice as essential elements of developing an environmentally aware and civically engaged person. This position is responsible for supporting Earth Force partners in delivering Earth Force programs in their community. This includes providing professional development in a blended learning setting, on-site technical assistance, and identifying and building partnerships to support our work.
The successful candidate is a self-starter, highly organized, an excellent time manager, able to work both independently, and as a member of a virtual team, and able to work with people in a wide range of settings. The position requires a dynamic leader who has the initiative to grow, enhance, and maintain current programs as well as actively incorporate other Earth Force programs nationwide to achieve the organization’s mission and strategic goals.
The core responsibilities for this position are to support Earth Force programs that are conducted in partnership with General Motors, a key Earth Force corporate partner, and to engage the local GM Mentors in ongoing participation in the local Earth Force programs.
Duties generally include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Recruit, train, and support Earth Force’s partners to use the Community Action and Problem Solving Process through both in-person and virtual training events
- Establish relationships with and serve partners in the roles of: consultant, collaborator, coach, and evaluator as appropriate
- Develop, maintain, and distribute resources to partners
- Organize and maintain records for program tracking
- Coordinate, draft, and submit necessary reports
- Reflect on program effectiveness and make ongoing recommendations for improvement
- Masters degree or equivalent experience in environmental education, civic education, service learning, or a related field is preferred
- K-12 teaching experience
- Professional development and/or adult education experience
- Partnership development and support and/or community organizing experience
- Experience working in corporate and/or school district environments
- Knowledge of and experience with problem solving, inquiry-based and project-based learning action projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to produce high quality projects, ahead of deadline and on budget
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and duties
- Knowledge of environmental science is preferred
- Solution oriented with a problem solving mindset
- Required to pass a background check
- Spanish language or French language proficiency are helpful
- Must provide personal, insured transportation for reimbursed business use
- Must provide personal cell phone for reimbursed business use
- Overnight travel is required (30%)
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com