School & Outreach Programs Manager
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- School Programs (including onsite field trips and off-site programs)
- Outreach to Children/Access to Nature Programs
- Collaborate with:
- The Director of Education and Strategic Initiatives on curriculum content, program design and budgets for school, scout and Outreach to Children/Access to Nature programs
- The Director of Development and the Director of Education and Strategic Initiatives relative to grant writing for education programs.
- The Director of Development, Coordinator of Community Engagement and Senior Marketing Specialist relative to development and marketing initiatives for school, scout and Outreach to Children/Access to Nature programs.
- Children & Family Programs Manager to ensure efficient and high-quality program management across the Education Department.
- Hire, train and supervise per-diem staff for all school, outreach and aquaponics programs. Schedule and confirm dates for school programs including outreach and Aquaponics
- Invoice and receive payment for school programs including outreach and Aquaponics.
- Manage supply inventory and purchasing for school programs including Aquaponics.
- Manage online calendar for school, aquaponics, and outreach programs.
- Co-lead, lead professional development workshops on place-based and inquiry science for teachers.
- Assist Director of Education with the management of PCAN program.
- Provide daily care and husbandry of program animals.
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum BS degree in Environmental Science, Education, Biology, or Ecology
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in teaching, professional educational program development, and management
- Proven management skills
- Exceptional teaching skills
- Experience delivering effective, inquiry-based science instruction in a natural setting
- Creative and solution-oriented problem solver
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse audience including senior leaders, peers, employees, teachers, parents and students using a variety of methods.
- Proven relationship building skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated
- Strong work ethic
- Good computer skills including word, excel and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes early morning and evenings and occasional weekends and holidays.
- Successful completion of pre-employment screening including child abuse history clearance and driving record
- Ability to facilitate programs with adults and children outdoors in all conditions
- No allergies to plants or animals that may interfere with the ability to do the work
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. at a distance of 25 ft.
- No impairments of sight, smell, hearing, touch, balance or agility of movement (which cannot be corrected with appropriate devices) that would interfere with the ability to work.
- Passionate about Riverbend’s mission
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to Erin McCool, Director of Education & Strategic Initiatives at email@example.com, no phone calls please.