Sarett Nature Center Director
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 1, 2019, 6:00pm
Position – Director
The directorship is a full-time position for Sarett Nature Center, a 501(c) (3) non-profit community nature center established May 23, 1970 and located in Southwestern Michigan along the Paw Paw River. Sarett Nature Center is dedicated to providing quality environmental education for our community. Each year over 25,000 students ranging in age from preschoolers through adults attend programs at Sarett. We also have a wildlife sanctuary of over 1,000 acres, 8 miles of trails, an interpretive center building, butterfly house, tree top walkway and live native animals. Currently we have over 2,000 members and a staff consisting of 8-10 professional (full and part-time) teacher-naturalists, along with 40 active volunteers. A 20 member non-profit board of avid supporters are responsible for overseeingthe center’s activities. More information on Sarett Nature Center can be found at www.sarett.com
- Be an effective communicator, speaker, motivator and team builder.
- Manage staff and volunteers to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the nature center.
- Meet regularly with the board of directors to ensure mission efficacy.
- Demonstrate courtesy and basic leadership traits in conjunction with staff, board members, and the community.
- Develop and administrate a yearly budget in conjunction with the board treasurer.
- Work with the board of directors on cultivating new donors, fundraising events, seeking grants for operating funds.
- Provide quality environmental education activities for our community.
- Manage and protect Sarett’s sanctuary properties.
- Conduct regional, national, and international natural history tours as an educational offering and source to generate revenue for the center’s operation.
- Provide opportunities for staff development through training, continuing education, and conference participation.
- Promote Sarett activities and events in the community through social media marketing.
- Develop and enhance relationships with area schools, youth groups, foundations, and civic organizations.
- Prepare a quarterly newsletter which includes pertinent information on upcoming programs and opportunities at the nature center.
Position Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in biology, natural resources or related field.
- Possess several years’ experience managing a nature center or related organization.
- Hours of work are dependent on job duties, and will vary from week to week. There are weekend and evening obligations as needed. Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply:
Applicants may send their cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Resumes accepted until March 1. Position will remain open until filled.