Preschool Teacher Little Lions
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, December 26, 2021, 11:45pm
Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium is seeking a Preschool Teacher to create, implement, facilitate, maintain and evaluate the Zoo's Little Lions Preschool, promote the Zoo and Wildlife Safari Park mission, goals and objectives; and create positive learning and educational experiences for students, staff, and parents. This position reports directly to the Education Program Manager-Schools and Visitors.
Job Title: Preschool Teacher Little Lions
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
- Excellent leadership qualities, and skills in communication, decision making, personal initiative, planning, and relationship-building.
- Must also possess safety, health, and environment skills.
- Enjoy working with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Enthusiastic about ecology and able to teach using nature to explain STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) concepts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
The Preschool Teacher is responsible for teaching Preschool, Early Childhood programs at the Zoo and Wildlife Safari Park.
- Communicates the Little Lions Preschool program philosophy.
- Follow confidentiality policy regarding students, parents, and staff.
- Responsible for knowing and understanding program policies and procedures, state licensing standards, NAEYC accreditation standards, and legislation affecting early childhood.
- Promote all Zoo and Wildlife Safari Park preschool programs to area school districts, preschool, and day care providers.
- Responsible for providing supervision and a safe, clean and engaging positive educational environment for children in the Zoo's early childhood programs.
- Coordinate and prepare daily routine and management of: student sign-in sheets, food program, lesson, supplies, and field trip planning.
- Develop, prepare, present, and evaluate curriculum for preschool, early childhood programs, and professional development meeting state and national standards.
- Coordinates and schedules parent teacher conferences.
- Participate in a minimum of 24 hours of in service and continuous professional development training annually.
- Continuous assessment of children's learning through observation and documentation.
- Assist in communication to the parents through weekly updates, Zoo newsletter articles, Facebook, electronic media, and any other means found to be beneficial.
- Meet weekly with the Early Childhood Coordinator.
- Associates degree in early childhood or Bachelor degree in early childhood, childhood development, or elementary education; and two years of experience preferred.
- Certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Ability to present dynamic, creative, and mission-driven programming.
- Flexibility in dealing with program delivery and late-notice changes.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in a fast-paced, active environment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC.