This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
We are looking to hire a Preschool Teacher starting immediately. We are also accepting application for Spring, Summer & Fall, 2018. Please indicate your available dates on your application.
The Bennett Preschool Teacher is responsible for collaborating with co-teachers and the Preschool Director in teaching preschool age children using a Nature-Based and Reggio-Inspired philosophy and curriculum.
- Possess Early Childhood Teaching License
- Hold Early Childhood Teaching Degree
- Meet State of Colorado qualifications for a group leader of a child care center (http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/97dde5_ecfc0a8022dc437d9c9cd4addd210f81.pdf)
- Be as least 21 years old
- Be intrinsically and extrinsically motivated
- Have the ability to work effectively with other team members and possess communication skills to resolve difficulties
- Be fluent in speaking and writing English
- Possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Pass a health physical before employment
- Regularly lift up to 40 pounds up to four (4) feet
- Be able to walk up to two (2) miles on uneven terrain
- Have knowledge of and experience with the Reggio Approach to teaching and/or Nature-Based or Forest School Early Childhood Education Models.
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
- Assist in opening or closing the preschool as assigned
- Responsible for planning, sustaining, and implementing the Reggio Approach to teaching as well as Nature-based/Forest School philosophy and curriculum
- Responsible for each child’s portfolio and the evolving environment inside and outside of Bennett driven by the interests of the children
- Observe children’s development while taking anecdotal notes, video, and photographs
- Responsible for addressing behavior management issues
- Share in the responsibility for the safety of the children in her/his care with the ability to predict and prevent, identify and respond to safety problems
- Uphold the Child Abuse Prevention Code of Conduct of the YMCA of the Rockies and refrain from out-of-program contact with program participants
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions.\
- Share in the cleaning of the Bennett Preschool building and preschool equipment
- Participate in YMCA Bennett Preschool Staff meetings when needed
- Lead morning meetings when needed
- Attend scheduled YMCA Bennett Preschool staff trainings
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
- This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $270/week with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!).
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week).
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org