This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Play Facilitators use open-ended and multiple outcome experiences for children developing the physical, social emotional and cognitive abilities.
- Maintains a safe, educationally sound, engaging environment for guests. Provides excellent customer service.
- Work Skills:
- Knowledge of early childhood education techniques.
- Ability to utilize play activities while also allowing for open-ended and multiple outcome experiences with guests in Adventure Trails.
- Must have strong guest service and public speaking skills.
- Must possess an outgoing personality and enthusiastic attitude.
- Must work well under pressure and in diverse weather conditions.
- Some animal handling will be required.
- Ability to multi task, use good judgement and enhance the guests’ experiences while playing in the Adventure Trails Exhibit.
- Ideal candidate embraces children as curious, collaborative, and innovative individuals.
- Must pass the zoo background check and drug testing.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma or GED required, training in early childhood teaching techniques desired.
- Supervisory experience preferred but not required.
- Position requires standing for long periods, walking, and the ability to use hands to signal and feel.
- Reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch and/or crawl; talk and hear; occasionally sit; frequently lift a minimum of 20-25 lbs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors; under all weather conditions.
- This position requires a minimum of 20 hours of availability weekly during the summer season.
How to Apply:
On-line application are now being accepted at OmahaZoo.com.