Part-Time Executive Director
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, December 31, 2021, 5:00pm
The Environmental Education Association of South Carolina is seeking an enthusiastic individual with a passion for our mission to serve as our Executive Director. This is a newly created position and the Executive Director will work directly with the EEASC Board of Directors to develop a work plan. This position is a work-from-home position but the employee must reside in South Carolina and have a valid driver's license. Travel will be required. Reimbursement will be given for costs incurred during work-related travel.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate donor cultivation and management, grant writing, annual appeals, sponsorship solicitations, and other fundraising and development needs of EEASC.
- Serve as one of two EEASC representatives to the Southeastern Environmental Educators Alliance (SEEA).
- Attend statewide and regional meetings to represent EEASC’s interests and foster publicity, partnerships, and outreach.
- Act as liaison with community, state, national, and international organizations to foster publicity, partnerships, and outreach for the organization.
- Assist Board of Directors and committees with tasks including developing marketing materials, content for website, and social media; working to grow and diversify membership; planning conferences and workshops; and assisting with meeting planning and facilitation.
- Oversee bookkeeping, budgeting, and financing for the organization.
- Supervise any other EEASC staff members and oversee contractors for the organization.
- Oversee implementation of EEASC’s grants and programs, including the Palmetto Environmental Education Certification Program and SC Green Step Schools.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in nonprofit management, board management, public relations, business, marketing, or a natural resource-related field is preferred.
- Familiarity with environmental education and an understanding of the field in the state, nationally, and internationally.
- Experience in nonprofit fund development.
- Experience with website development and maintenance and use of social media for business.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, typing, and organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Experience with bookkeeping or financial management.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
Compensation and Benefits: $23,000 to $28,000, commensurate with experience. Half-time position working 20 hours per week. We believe in work-life balance and a flexible, family-friendly schedule and therefore offer compensatory time up to 120 hours for additional hours worked, 10 days of vacation time (half days for a half-time position, or 40 hours total), 12 days of sick leave (half days for a half-time position, or 48 hours total), and 12.5 paid holidays per year (half days for a half-time position, or 52 hours total).
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume to Chenille Williams, EEASC President at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2021.