Outdoor Education Intern
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
The San Diego County Office of Education is seeking individuals to join our team as Outdoor Education Interns for the 2021-22 season at the original 6th Grade Camp, Cuyamaca Outdoor School. The residential outdoor education program, in operation since 1946, is located an hour east of San Diego in the 25,000-acre Cuyamaca Rancho State Park, elevation 4,000 feet. We connect children to science through nature in a weeklong, hands-on outdoor education experience.
Cuyamaca Outdoor School is a training ground for those interested in the field of Outdoor Education or Environmental Education. Naturalist Interns will grow under the guidance of our experienced permanent Outdoor Education Specialists, Village Leaders, and Head Teachers, learning a variety of classes, activities, and skills. Over internship, interns will teach science classes, local natural history lessons, team building activities, as well as learn how to belay and facilitate archery instruction. Interns receive training in all classes before they teach on their own.
Additionally, paid training is provided throughout the year in areas including: educational theory, classroom and group management, background in relevant sciences, outdoor skills, and local natural history.
- Completion of college-level course work in the field of science, education, recreation, or related fields.
- Previous experience working with children required. Grades 4th-6th preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, clear fingerprints and background check, and negative TB test.
- Must be available to take first aid and CPR training in September 2021or have valid certification. WFA/WFR/Lifeguard Certification beneficial, but not required.
- Expected to participate in hiking up to five miles per day in all weather conditions.
- Self-motivated, positive, energetic, and passionate about teaching and the outdoors.
September 1, 2021 start date; $14.00 starting hourly rate, plus free room and board, and more; This is a six-month position with potential for full year employment and a raise to $20.94 per hour.
How to Apply:
For additional information, please contact Dustin Burns at 858-290-5982 or email@example.com
Apply online: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1424950