Outdoor Education Instructor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 9:00pm
Website:YMCA of the Rockies Jobs
YMCA of the Rockies operates two globally-known conference & family centers that serve more than 250,000 guests annually. Our centers are located on both sides of the continental divide, with YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park Center being on the eastern slope, and Snow Mountain Ranch being on the western slope.
Estes Park Center has over 860 acres of mountain terrain for outdoor recreation and relaxation, while Snow Mountain Ranch sits on over 5,100 acres. In the winter, Snow Mountain Ranch is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country - with over 100 km of trails!
Camp Chief Ouray, established in 1908, has grown to be a premiere overnight camping option for youth from all over the United States and the World. We are committed to developing five core values in everything we do: Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith. CCO is a part of the YMCA of the Rockies, located at Snow Mountain Ranch in Granby, CO (elevation of 8,750 feet).
If you're in the field of Outdoor Education, this is the job for you. Surrounded on 3-sides by Rocky Mountain National Park, Outdoor Education Instructors will teach outdoor education classes, lead team building activities, facilitate climbing wall programs, perform organizational tasks, communicate with schools and school leaders, and assist in any project or task that better the Outdoor Education Program.
Dates: March 28, 2022 - June 10, 2022
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Participate in Outdoor Education training.
- Facilitate classes and follow curriculum when working with visiting school groups.
- Run climbing wall and low ropes programs for visiting groups and schools.
- Predict, prevent, identify and respond to safety issues
- Assist in program development and advancement
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Work in other departments or program areas as assigned
- Facilitate indoor and outdoor climbing wall
- Run Mountain Center front desk. Use computer system to assist guests in signing up for activities, check out equipment, check participant rosters, and provide general program information
- Uphold YMCA of the Rockies' commitment to being an anti-racist organization and work to ensure our programs, facilities, staff and guests are welcoming, inclusive, accessible, and equitable for all
Compensation: This is a seasonal, $12.81/hour (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free Wi-Fi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips like MLB games, rafting trips, and more provided by the Resident Office
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic Café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for family and friends
- Opportunity to live next to Rocky Mountain National Park