The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, July 14, 2022, 11:00pm
Who We Are:
NatureBridge provides environmental science education experiences for more than 30,000 students and their teachers every year in the world’s best classrooms: our National Parks. Our mission is to connect young people to the science and wonder of the natural world, igniting self-discovery, and inspiring stewardship of the planet.
What You Will Do:
The Director of Operations (DO) reports to the Olympic Campus Director and leads all aspects of Olympic campus operations for our residential Environmental Science programs. The DO is responsible for successful execution of all program logistics and exceptional customer service. The DO works closely with all departments and Directors to support collaboration across the organization.
This position takes place at our campus in Olympic National Park and requires regular attendance on campus, but allows for some work to be done remotely.
Your primary job will be to:
- Ensure smooth program delivery and implementation by developing and supporting logistical systems.
- Establish and maintain respectful, supportive and compassionate relationships with staff, volunteers and participants.
- Optimize business processes and systems across teams; determine priorities, create project plans, lead and manage implementation with campus and department partners.
- Lead campus use of Salesforce.
- Manage and help develop annual budgets
- Partner with Risk Management to ensure the safety and security of staff, schools and programs.
- Oversee the hiring, training and supervision of Operations staff that includes 1 Operations Manager and 2-4 Site Managers dependent on campus needs; provide backup support as needed for each direct report.
- Manage staff logistics, scheduling, and coordinate shared resources; communicate program logistics and schedules to staff
- Ensure a high level of customer service for all customer groups, solicit and respond to feedback
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with key National Park Service management.
- Respond as needed to the campus urgent response system on weekends and evenings.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- $55,000 annual salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Option for a 403b retirement plan with employer match after 6 months
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, and generous sick leave policy
Who You Are:
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills who prioritize creating positive relationships and culture in the workplace
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion in the workplace. We especially encourage you to apply if you are a member of (or have extensive experience working with people from) any communities that are impacted by the historic and current system of oppression that has limited access to environmental education, or the outdoors in general.
- Exceptional professional integrity and commitment to NatureBridge’s mission.
- Four or more years of experience in nonprofit management or school administration, or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Previous experience leading and developing teams and individuals across multi-functional areas.
- Proven project management skills; able to keep track of logistical details with excellent planning and execution ability
- Strong technical skills in technology platforms, Microsoft office suite, Salesforce and other database management systems
- Willingness to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
*All NatureBridge Employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Final shot must occur 15 days or more before the start date. Here is the link to our full policy: NatureBridge COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You must also pass a background check in order to be eligible for employment.
Why should you join the NatureBridge team?
- You want to work for a mission-driven organization that values your contributions and supports you in making a positive impact on youth and the environment.
- You will work in a beautiful setting in Olympic National Park with dedicated, passionate team members.
- You want to be part of an organization that is invested in creating equitable and inclusive environments for staff and participants.
How to Apply:
NatureBridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Submit your application to our Online Career Portal (link). Please include a resume and cover letter addressed to Jen Kidder (Ms.), Campus Director, that addresses how your skills and experience set you up for success in this position.