Nature Preschool Teacher
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, July 5, 2019, 11:00pm
Objective: To work within a teaching team to provide a premier early childhood environment which meets the developmental needs of the whole child, while initiating them into a lifelong, meaningful relationship with the natural world.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all children in the group
- Teach and develop curriculum of Nature Preschool in conjunction with other members of the teaching team
- Communicate with parents both formally and informally, individually and in groups
- Assure that classroom operates within the guidelines and standards of the Michigan Department of Human Services, Office of Children and Adult Licensing and the Michigan Department of Education’s Great Start Readiness Program
- Overall planning for equipment and supply needs in conjunction with teaching team and other program staff
- Conduct regular assessment of children
- Conduct home visits and parent teacher conferences
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of Nature Preschool policies, procedures and activities in conjunction with the Nature Preschool Director, as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree or higher
- Teaching experience
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice and the ability to implement that knowledge
- Must have the creativity, flexibility and understanding necessary for working with children, parents and co-workers
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy including working knowledge of Windows platform and Microsoft Office software package
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position (i.e., daily outdoor hiking, lift 50 pounds)
- Currently hold certification in child and adult CPR and basic first aid or willingness to become certified
- One to five years teaching experience
- Experience in nature-based and/or play-based early childhood education
- Valid Michigan teaching certificate with an Early Childhood Education (ZA) or Early Childhood-General and Special Education (ZS) endorsement; or Bachelor Degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education with a specialization (major not minor) in preschool teaching; or CDA credential
Status: Full time 43 week position with year-round benefits, permanent
Schedule: Monday-Friday with occasional evenings or weekends (festivals and family programs)
Start Date: August 19, 2019
Salary & Benefits: $22,000-28,000 based on experience, health insurance, 403(b) contribution, CNC membership, 20% discount on programs and in Nature Center Store, CNC membership
Overview: CNC is a nonprofit, environmental education organization. Its mission is to connect all people to nature through educational, recreational and cultural experiences. The 1,500-acre property includes woodlands, fields, ponds and rivers. CNC’s facilities consist of a Visitor Center with Ecosystem Gallery, classrooms and Nature Center store; an 1870s Homestead Farm complex; Nature Preschool; an arboretum and over 19 miles of nature trails. See www.chippewanaturecenter.org for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employment: CNC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, height, weight, handicap or disability, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable state or federal laws.
How to Apply:
Application procedure: Send resume and cover letter to Madison Powell, Nature Preschool Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chippewa Nature Center, 400. S. Badour Rd., Midland, MI 48640. For additional information, please contact Madison Powell.