Nature Preschool Educator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:30pm
Website:Roots Forest School
This preschool educator position is 30 hours per week (not including holidays or school vacations). On class days, the teacher is required to arrive one hour prior to class for set up and daily preparations, and stay one hour after class for clean up and documentation. Additionally the applicant will participate in weekly planning meetings and monthly staff meetings. Pay DOE.
- Assist with morning preparations, afternoon clean-up, and daily tasks to maintain our forest classroom, such as clearing snow.
- Assist with planning and implementation of curriculum.
- Support child-centered play and learning by paying careful attention to each child’s natural curiosity and interests.
- Be patient and understanding in support of children’s social and emotional development.
- Document students’ learning during class and use this documentation to help guide students’ learning and to plan instruction.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of students through attentive supervision and daily site checks for hazards.
- Model a healthy relationship with and curiosity for the natural world.
- Be comfortable singing and telling stories.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Early childhood education background preferred
- Experience working with early learners
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Desire to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Ability to pass a background check
- CPR and First Aid certified
Position Start Date:
Tuesday, September 1, 2020
How to Apply: