Nature-Based Preschool Teacher
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Prescott Farm Environmental Education Center seeks a Nature-Based Preschool Teacher to join our team of environmental educators either full-time or part-time, three days per week, in our nature-based preschool program for children ages 3-5. Prescott Farm’s Educational philosophy inspires life-long connections with nature through creative lessons and exposure to the natural learning environment.
Fledglings, our Nature-Based Preschool Program, is part of Prescott Farm, a non-profit, environmental education center located on White Oaks Road in Laconia, N.H. Fledglings offers an integrated Nature-Based Curriculum for 3-5 year olds with an option of attending 2, 3, or 5 days a week. The majority of the students’ days are spent outside in all weather.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Preschool Programs Director and Assistant Teacher in planning appropriate nature-based lessons and activities
- Provide leadership in delivering nature-based lessons both inside and outdoors
- Communicate openly with parents/guardians about the Fledglings program
- Collaborate in monitoring and assessing students enrolled in the Fledglings Nature-Based Preschool program
- Support and mentor volunteers who participate in the program
- Guide and communicate with the Assistant Teacher for optimal classroom support
- Fulfill all legal and professional obligations as mandated by NH state licensing laws and educational professional development requirements
- Respect and comply with Fledglings Rules and Policies
- Maintain the safety of preschool students
- Other duties as assigned
Preschool Teacher Requirements:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or related field
- Experience in educational program planning, development and implementation
- A minimum of 1000 hours experience working with children in a licensed childcare program or public or private elementary school
- Active interest in and passion for nature which may include NH ecology, geology, natural history, gardening, etc.
- Commitment to integrating a developmentally appropriate learning environment with nature as the main focus
- Creative and enthusiastic communication/presentation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Strong organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to perform tasks requiring physical exertion indoors and outdoors, in all weather conditions, and on varied terrain while supervising young children
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, pull, push, sit without back support, and lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally and 10-35 pounds frequently
- Sound character and ability to pass a criminal background check
How to Apply:
Please submit a letter of interest, resume and 3 references via e-mail to:
Courtney Coppi, Preschool Programs Director at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
$20-$22 per hour.
Courtney Coppi, Preschool Programs Director