Nature-Based Preschool Educator
September 2022 – May 2023
Full time with benefits, or Part Time options, schedule TBD
Open until filled
This teaching position will require the applicant to work with a co-teacher in implementing all aspects of a nature preschool program. The applicant will work alongside the co-teacher in one or two different preschool classes consisting of 12 students each, ages 3–5 years old. The majority of the three-hour class time is spent outdoors in all seasons. On class days, the teacher is required to arrive one hour prior to class for set up and daily preparations, and stay one hour after class for clean up and documentation. Additionally, the applicant will participate in weekly planning meetings and monthly staff meetings. Pay starts at $17/hour with higher rates possible depending on experience. At 30 or more hours per week, employees are eligible to enroll in our employee health plan. Other benefits include sick leave, personal leave, opportunities for professional development and a $200 gear stipend.
● Assist with morning preparations, afternoon clean-up, and daily tasks to maintain our forest classroom, such as clearing snow.
● Assist with planning and implementation of curriculum.
● Support child-centered play and learning by paying careful attention to each child’s natural curiosity and interests.
● Be patient and understanding in support of children’s social and emotional development.
● Document students’ learning during class and use this documentation to help guide students’ learning and to plan instruction.
● Ensure the safety and well-being of students through attentive supervision and daily site checks for hazards.
● Model a healthy relationship with and curiosity for the natural world.
● Be comfortable singing and telling stories.
● Other duties as assigned.
● High school degree or equivalent
● Ability to work as part of a team
● Early childhood education background preferred
● Experience working with early learners
● Desire to work outdoors in all types of weather
● Ability to pass a background check
● CPR and First Aid certified (option to get this after hired)
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.