Naturalist / Program Assistant
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, February 28, 2022, 3:30pm
Looking for a dynamic and organized environmental educator who wants to both be in front of children educating about the environment and helping run a program that impacts tens of thousands of students (and adults) every year. Very strong communication skills will make it possible to connect with hundreds of teachers to select and schedule programs and work with a gifted team of naturalists with whom the programs will come alive to connect students to one another and the world.
Under the Supervision of the Regional Coordinator for Environmental Education, the Naturalist/Program Assistant:
* serves as the primary point of contact for coordination (selection, schedule, feedback, etc.) of outreach programs to regional schools;
* frequently teaches and is able to facilitate any of the programs offered in the CEE catalog, including challenge course / team building;
* provides general support for the education program, is responsible for coordinating the CEE teaching staff schedule and ensuring all programs facilitated by CEE educators are set up to run smoothly;
* ensures proper maintenance of all site and educational equipment;
* assists with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of curriculum development and training activities;
* assists with planning and implementation of regional environmental professional development workshops;
is responsible for coordinating summer camp including designing camps, marketing, registration, communication with families, and daily coordination during camp;
* is responsible for coordinating and providing care for CEE’s animal ambassadors.
Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Natural Science, Ecology, Conservation or a closely related field, and a minimum of four years of experience in a nature center, residential center, school, zoo or camp, where the primary function involved conservation and/or environmental education, outdoor interpretation, or other natural science work. Good knowledge of the principles of the natural sciences and the ability to use related materials, plan and develop programs for groups of all ages, prepare and create scientific displays and exhibits, handle and care for raptors, mammals, reptiles, perform some manual labor, and a physical condition commensurate with the duties of the position. Computer experience including online teaching platforms and database experience preferred. Clerical experience is a plus. Must qualify through Westchester County Civil Service: https://humanresources.westchestergov.com/images/stories/jobspecslocal/n/naturalistboces1.pdf
This position includes access to the NYS retirement system and full benefits. Salary range starts at $48,000.
Position Start Date:
Monday, March 21, 2022
How to Apply:
Email your resume (and cover letter) to the program coordinator at email@example.com.
Salary range starts at $48,000. This position includes access to the NYS retirement system and full benefits.