The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, February 28, 2019, 11:45pm
The Kentucky Children’s Garden is a 2-acre garden designed to share the joy and wonder of nature and plants. It is best suited for children ages 2 to 6 and their families. The garden’s features include child-sized representations of Kentucky’s landscapes (natural and man-made, past and present) as well as themed gardens including butterfly, vegetable and transportation gardens.
The Lead Educator leads daily programming, maintains the daily schedule, completes light gardening tasks and more!
- Developing and leading daily educational programming for ages 3-6 and their families.
- Gardening tasks including planting, weeding, mulching and others as assigned.
- Providing a welcoming atmosphere and excellent customer service to all visitors.
- Maintaining and ensuring the daily rhythm of the Kentucky Children’s Garden including opening, closing, programming, train times, daily/weekly tasks and staff breaks.
- Developing, preparing and delivering pre-scheduled birthday parties.
- Serving as the primary contact person for the Kentucky Children’s Garden and Arboretum Visitor Center on Sundays for staff and patrons.
- Ensuring the safety of patrons by informing them of rules of the garden.
- Operating model trains in the garden.
- Assisting the Kentucky Children’s Garden Manager in the development of outreach, events and other programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job is primarily outside (except during the off season). Educators must be willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions including hot, cold and rain. We do close for inclement weather including thunder/lightning, dangerously hot and cold conditions. Educators will need to lift 20lbs regularly and up to 50lbs occasionally.
- Bachelors in Natural Resources, Horticulture, Early Childhood Education, Education or related field.
- Personal or profession experience in working with young children, education, gardening and/ or working with the public.
- 1 year of formal or informal teaching experience.
- An interest in the environment, plants, sustainability, and/or outdoor activities.
- Availability to work 37.5 hours per week. Mostly 9:30-5:30 Wednesday through Sunday, mid – march – November
Within the range of $10-$12/ hour
How to Apply:
Apply on the University of Kentucky's job portal: https://ukjobs.uky.edu/postings/217741