Guest Experience Associate
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, March 13, 2016, 11:30pm
Website:The Marine Mammal Center
- Strong communication, inter-personal, and writing skills.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to a variety of audiences.
- Self-directed and ability to take initiative and see projects through to completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate well and work as part of a multidisciplinary team to advance the mission of The Center.
- Approach and interact with guests to personalize their Center experience
- Provide information related to the Center’s mission, core work, patients, exhibits and programs; as well as opportunities to support the Center’s work (e.g. volunteering, membership, donations).
- Serve as a mentor and guide for a core group of guest experience volunteers. Serve as a contact and point person for volunteers throughout the day as questions arise.
- Lead tours of the public areas of the Center to visiting groups, and collaborate with the Guest Experience Team to create alternative tour experiences.
- Stay abreast of Center and marine science news to be able to inform and enhance programs and inform the public
- Troubleshoot and diffuse potentially negative guest situations with a high level of hospitality and minimal supervision, and coordinate needed communication across the Guest Experience Team
- Assists in responding to (or directing) the departmental email account and public phone information requests.
- Assist in oversight of public areas of the facility for safety, visitor amenities (brochures, clean restrooms, etc) and general maintenance
- Adhere to The Center's personnel policies and procedures as defined in the employee handbook and as communicated by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, natural sciences or related field.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in leading tours or programs for school and/or adult audiences
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Program development and evaluation experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to stand/walk up to 4 hours without a break
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Ability to complete tasks in a productive, proactive manner
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and prioritize deliverables regularly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- “Can-do” attitude and willing to take on new projects as needed
This is a part time position reporting to the Guest Experience Manager. The ideal candidate can offer 3 days (24 hours) per week, including Saturdays. Time off must be arranged in advance.
This position will begin the first week of April and run through September 10, 2016.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please put "Guest Experience Associate" in the subject line. Please no phone calls or faxed submissions.