Green Galveston Project Manager
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Vision Galveston is seeking an energetic optimist who has a passion for green spaces, a love of community building and a relationship builder. Vision Galveston is the community-building nonprofit organization that connects the vision Galveston residents share for the island to the resources that make them happen. Vision Galveston has embarked on a 20-year plan lead by resident feedback. Learn more about “The Plan” at www.visiongalveston.com
Green Galveston – seeks to integrate “green” into more Galveston environments including parks, open space, and public rights-of-way through new development and redevelopment. With 89% of Galvestonians living in its urban core, there is a need to embed nature into the city’s public parks providing both community and environmental benefits.
I. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Green Galveston Project Manager, in conjunction with topic specific experts, is responsible for ensuring that the Green Galveston recommendations and demonstration concepts are executed at the highest level and fulfills the aspirations established by the organization. The Green Galveston initiative includes recommendations related to coastal resilience, coastal protections, comprehensive drainage, green infrastructure, joining regional/global networks addressing climate change responsiveness and more.
The Green Galveston Project Manager will oversee current park improvement projects and will be responsible for ensuring that fundraising coordination and work with the City of Galveston (COG) are executed on schedule and on budget. The Manager in partnership with COG staff and other related entities will monitor the design and construction for issues related to successful long-term park and streetscape maintenance and operations.
The Green Galveston Project Manager will report directly to the CEO.
- Leads and directs the work of outside professionals engaged in the design and construction of demonstration projects and the larger green network planning process.
- Scrutinizes design work to ensure the vision of Green Galveston is realized, including providing written comments at critical milestones of design process and soliciting feedback from key internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Works directly with the City of Galveston staff and leadership to ensure a solid understanding and partnership agreement on green focused projects.
- Maintains active, critical partnership with City of Galveston and other entities on support of green related capital improvement projects.
- Fosters a collaborative professional working relationship with Green Galveston action team, includin Vision Galveston staff and consultants.
- Partners with outside project management team to manage overall project schedule.
- Oversees demonstration projects budgets and interfaces with fundraising team and board of directors regarding funding needs.
- Provides project team management during active construction projects – initially Shield and Jones Park projects
III. CORE COMPETENCIES
- Self Motivated – Ability to work without supervision and begin projects independently. Considers allrelevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles.
- Resourcefulness - Orchestrates multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal and gets themost out of limited resources.
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Communicates Effectively
- Instills Trust
- Nimble Learning - Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
IV. OTHER ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Support of other departments programs requiring design input.
- Make presentations to various stakeholders regarding overall project, the design and status of capital projects.
- Other duties as assigned
V. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience as a project manager in green infrastructure, public policy, urban planning/ecology, orcommunity development role.
- Background in environmental science or public policy or experience working with/for governmental organization a plus.
How to Apply:
Please send resume & cover letter to email@example.com with "Green Galveston Project Manager" as the subject.
Competitive pay and benefits package.