Garden Educator (AmeriCorps)
Americorps or Service Opportunity
Guidestone Colorado is seeking a 2023 Garden Educator. This position is for an AmeriCorps member to serve a three-quarter term: full-time from early March through October 2023 through the Healthy Futures AmeriCorps program.
The Garden Educator will work in Guidestone's Farm to School program to:
- Build, maintain, and expand school gardens through a start-to-finish growing season.
- Design and deliver summer camps, field trips, and garden classes with hands-on curriculum on nutrition, gardens, food sources, environmental science, cooking, and sustainability with students grades K–12; with a focus on grades K–5.
- Introduce fresh local foods through tastings, summer programs, and other activities.
- Community outreach/engagement, such as expanding volunteer involvement in the school gardens, organizing events, developing promotional strategies, coordinating and leading community workdays.
- Support City of Salida Community Gardens at garden sites through community engagement, education, technical support, and partnership development.
- Support production activities at the Community & School Farm in the spring and fall, and as needed.
As a three-quarter term AmeriCorps member through Healthy Futures, this position offers a living allowance of $12,938 and an education award of $4,546 upon completion of the term.
How to Apply:
Please learn more about the Healthy Futures AmeriCorps program and apply through https://www.mountainrootsfoodproject.org/healthy-futures and select the "Farm to School Educator" category on the application. Reach out to Monica at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Read about all of Guidestone's 2023 AmeriCorps opportunities here: https://guidestonecolorado.org/about-us/americorps-positions/