Full-time Environment Educator
Greenacres Foundation is a highly motivated service organization focused on using the assets of Greenacres to provide custom-designed hands-on active learning opportunities for children of all ages. All opportunities are customized to the needs of the visiting group, which primarily consists of local school groups from K to 8. All school-based programs are tied to the national and/or state standards so that they contribute to the success of the classroom teacher.
In 1988, we focused on Environment Education, had one employee and provided hands-on programs about riparian zones for 60 children. We provide programs based on the environment, generative agriculture, equine, and classical arts to over 32,000 visitors. Our programs are of the highest quality. They should be. Quality Quality Quality (QQQ) is a core value.
Our dedication to our values: Grace, Giving, Generative, Good Neighbor Policy, and Green cannot be overstated. Our employees strive to be the best of the best and flourish in a team environment where outcomes are the result of teamwork. Greenacres is not just a place to work – it is a career, a lifestyle, and a place to exude passion for the Mission and Vision of our Founders – Louis and Louise Nippert. We are here to serve the community and change the lives of children.
We employ the most curious and brilliant people. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about the Mission of Greenacres and our values and seeking to advance their knowledge as a full-time Environment Educator. The Educator role is a team position and requires flexibility with schedules, programming, and traveling between education sites in Milford, Indian Hill, Lewis Township, OH, and Oldenburg, IN. Your primary focus will be in the development and implementation of curriculum for school group field trips and week-long summer day camps. You must be willing to provide hands-on teaching experiences, collaborate across the education department, and deliver high quality programming.
If you enjoy collaborating with teachers and creating and delivering educational programming that gives students an exciting and enriching experience while using the forest, streams, ponds, and fields as your classroom, you might be a Greenacres person.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Education
- Demonstrated teaching skills and a passion for working with youth using hands-on activities in small-group settings
- Have a minimum of 2 years teaching experience, preferably K-6 in a traditional or non-traditional setting
- Ability to move and work in a natural environment (i.e. field, forest, streams) under various weather conditions
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Commitment to working within a functional team and collaborative culture.
- Ability to successfully pass a post-offer pre-employment drug test and fingerprint FBI background screen.
- Ability to work with both internal and external partners with the same or very different backgrounds to ensure that all who visit Greenacres get the highest quality experience that addresses their needs.
- Ability to internalize and reflect our values.
Why Choose Us?
As a company, we invest in our employees in all aspects of their life. We understand that the health of yourself and families are very important; along with your time here at GAF. All TEAM Members of GAF are a part of Greenacres and live the values that we promote for our visitors: Grace, Giving, Generative, Good Neighbor Policy, Green, and Quality Quality Quality. Listed below you will find some of the benefits and perks if you choose to be a part of our team at Greenacres.
- Market Competitive Salary
- Generous PTO Package
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Plans
- Simplified Employee Pension Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Fun & Engaging Culture
- Ongoing training, education, and industry partnerships that allow you to be up to speed on the latest innovations, technologies and processes.
Greenacres Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Salary range $42,000 - 47,000
How to Apply:
Please upload a cover letter and resume to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/1290217.