Executive Director- Virginia Association for Enviromental Education
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, October 31, 2021, 12:15am
Virginia Association for Environmental Education Seeks Part-Time Executive Director
The Virginia Association for Environmental Education (VAEE), a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization, is looking for an enthusiastic Part-time Executive Director who is passionate about environmental education in Virginia and will guide the organization on a path of growth.
VAEE serves as the Virginia Affiliate to the North America Association of Environmental Education
The Executive Director will work approximately 20 hours per week, serving part-time in performance of duties assigned by the Board of Directors. The position is a one-year term, with the opportunity to extend beyond if agreeable to all parties. The employee will work predominantly from home. Travel is required.
The newly created Executive Director position will work directly with the VAEE Board of Directors to develop a work plan. This position may transition into a 40 hours per week position after the initial year dependent on available funding. As the position grows, the Executive Director will be responsible for securing partial funding for additional years.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Cultivate donors and manage annual appeals, sponsorship solicitations, and other fundraising and development needs of VAEE.
- Engage in professional development opportunities that will enhance leadership, management or other areas of VAEE.
- Maintain VAEE donor database.
- Secure and manage grants to further the mission of VAEE.
- Represent VAEE’s interests at regional and statewide meetings to foster partnerships, increase scope and engage in outreach.
- Liaise with community, state, regional, national, and international organizations to form partnerships, increase scope, and outreach for the organization.
- Assist Board of Directors with tasks such as developing marketing materials, website content, and social media engagement; work to grow and diversify membership; facilitate conference and workshop planning; and assist with setting the agenda for board meetings.
- Aid Board of Directors in the oversight of the Virginia Environmental Education Certification Program (VEECP)
- Facilitate board-directed committees.
- Provide leadership and support to future VAEE staff or contractors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide monthly activities report to VAEE Personnel Committee, including number of hours worked, tasks accomplished, and status of work.
- Provide a monthly financial report and summary of activities to the Treasurer.
- Provide quarterly reports to the Board of Directors with a summary of activities and status of work.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least three years experience in nonprofit management, board management, public relations, business, marketing, or a natural resource-related field.
- Passion for environmental education and an understanding of the field in the Commonwealth, nationally, and internationally.
- Vision with experience building and leading effective partnerships made up of diverse organizations.
- Commitment to building positive relationships with equitable access across diverse cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity to work toward justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Experience in nonprofit fund development.
- Experience with social media content development and analytics.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, typing, and organizational skills.
- Proficient with Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Experience with bookkeeping and financial management to include creating and managing a budget.
- Strong organizational and communication skills to initiate, form and effectively maintain relationships using a variety of methods and technology.
- Candidates must reside in Virginia or relocate within the first 30 days of employment.
- Candidates must have the ability to work from home (or another location) and be able to travel for meetings, conferences, etc.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis continue until the position is filled with a preference for applications received prior to October 11, 2021
We believe environmental literacy and mutual respect are inherently linked with environmental and social justice, environmental education and resources should be accessible to all communities, biodiversity is critical to the success of natural spaces and the diversity of humanity is what makes us stronger, and we are never done learning and growing as an organization and as individuals. We strongly encourage applications from People of Color, LGBTQ people, and those who are members of other marginalized communities.
VAEE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate of race, color, religious creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or disability.
How to Apply:
How to Apply
You will be asked to provide a resume, summary of experience and cover letter at the time of application.
To apply visit our application portal at: https://virginia-association-for-environmental-education.breezy.hr/
Please do not submit an application via email.
If you have questions please contact the VAEE ED Search Committee at director@VirginiaEE.org
This half-time (.5FTE) non-exempt salaried position will have a hiring range of $23,000 to $28,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
- Communications stipend to cover phone/internet ($80 per month)
- Paid Professional Development
- Paid travel expenses (reimbursement and/or prepaid) for work events
- 8 days (64 hours) paid personal leave for vacations, holidays, and other days of your choosing, plus 3 sick days (8-hour) per year
- Flexible scheduling
- Work from home
- Potential to grow the position to full time.
- Opportunity to innovate, create and design new initiatives to support VAEE’s mission and strategic goals.
- Opportunity to work at a systemic level to support environmental educators and advance environmental education across the Commonwealth.
- Networking with environmental educators across the Commonwealth and with Affiliate Network leaders across North America.
- Opportunity to collaborate and engage with a wide variety of environmental education audiences across Virginia